Administrator AssistantHead Office Salary & Benefits: Competitive
The assistant buyer position is to assist the Head of Purchasing to purchase all materials to the company’s exact business requirements by collating and analysing order requirements, supplier information and provide administrative support for the Purchasing team.
- Send out enquiries for appropriate materials, collate and analyse quotations.
- As required, place orders with suitable suppliers for specified materials ensuring goods are delivered on the required date to the required plan.
- Materials are purchased at the most competitive rates and within budget or are escalated.
- Ensure quality and performance of ordered materials is in line with required standards.
- Consolidate purchases of materials to achieve maximum economic benefit.
- Chase deliveries from suppliers that are overdue or urgent.
- Ensure excess materials are restocked and reissued at the earliest opportunity.
- Purchasing Standards:
- In liaison with the Head of Purchasing, inform other departments of all relevant information regarding changes in materials, major price movements, delivery lead times and individual supply situations.
- Use Group buying deals unless authorized otherwise by the Head of Purchasing.
- Assist the Head of Purchasing in maintaining the Purchasing internal computer information system for the sites, ensuring site access for materials is maintained
3.Supply Chain Management:
- Internal follow up of queries from supply chain e.g. on payments, credit line, etc.
- Ensure suppliers are conversant with internal delivery processes including DMS and delivery protocol
- Ensure familiarity with Ardmore Group’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies and comply with employee responsibilities.
- At all times comply with company policies procedures and instructions.
Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contribution to the organisation’s goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
To apply for this position please forward your CV to email@example.com