Assistant Design ManagerFulbourne Road, Walthamstow Salary & Benefits: Competitive
To provide project design and technical support including management of the design team, sub-contractor design, procurement & project design coordination.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Understand the client’s brief, ER’s, specification and drawings and as far as practicable ensure the project is built accordingly, assisting in the resolution of any ER discrepancies with the commercial team as they arise.
- Assist in setting up document control and information portals / systems with Document Controller.
- Assist with preparing trackers to manage the full build process using the pro-formas from the Intranet.
- Understand the Design Risk Assessment (DRA) and assist in the ongoing Technical Audits.
- Assist in the management of the information release schedule (IRS) Building and MEP using ACL pro forma documents.
- Assist in the updating of the Risk Register using the ACL pro-forma with the assistance of the design and site team.
- Assist in the development of the procurement schedule and be actively involved in the procurement process for all of the packages commencing with the Consultants Appointments.
- Attend and sometimes chair design team meetings and prepare minutes.
- Assist in tracking the design development process, using CDCP, RFI protocols, etc. including CDP packages.
- Understand the requirements of BREEAM and help manage the process through the appointed consultants looking for best value design to economically meet code compliance.
- Assist with the development of sub-contractors and suppliers’ design/specs with the design team, ensuring that full ER and Statutory compliance is met.
- Assist with the co-ordination of drawings and check that the drawings comply with the ER’s and Standards.
- Review the issued info to ensure that it is of the correct standard and is fully detailed with ‘For Construction Status’
- Take part in the sampling process and technical submissions including the production of the samples sign off pro forma.
- Assist in the production and collation of the O & M manuals.
- Take an active role within the QA process of the project.
To apply for this position please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org