Construction ManagersFulbounre Road, Walthamstow Salary & Benefits: Competitive
To supervise, direct and execute operations on the assigned project to ensure it is completed safely, on time and within budget. Plan, direct and coordinate, activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Management of All aspects of Health & Safety on site.
- Cooperate with H&S Manager and make sure that weekly H&S reports are actioned, and items closed.
- Dispute plant/materials quotes of suppliers and try to achieve the best price on the market for the benefit of the Project and Company.
- Maintain a good relationship with the community around the project.
- Work closely with the Buying department and make sure all correct description or specification of the materials on the Purchase Orders are issued, to avoid ordering wrong materials.
- Raise any concerns related to the Project or Company with the Project Manager/ Project Director.
- Ensure any temporary works have the necessary design and are installed in accordance with the design.
- Produce 2-week look ahead programmes for managers, operatives and sub-contractors working under you to ensure that the construction programme is achieved.
- Ensure all operatives have signed a daily safe start, are inducted, have the relevant permit for their works, receive weekly tool box talks and are working to the appropriate risk assessments and method statements.
- Ensure the works are planned out in a logical manner paying particular attention to materials storage, deliveries, plant and traffic movements, craneage and any other site logistics.
- Management of plant to ensure it is ordered in advance, used efficiently, tracked while on site and off-hired when no longer required.
- Manage labour resources and ensure these do not exceed the labour forecast for the project.
- Ensure all materials are taken off, ordered and delivered to site in advance of any works and in line with the construction programme.
- Ensure all managers/engineers and sub-contractors are working to the latest construction issue information.
- Liaise with the senior engineer on site to ensure that all setting out is done in good time and its accuracy is checked.
- Ensure all the relevant QA is completed by the engineers, as well as any sub-contractors working under you.
- Report to the Project Manager any items raised with regards to QA and propose remedial actions.
- Hold weekly (as a minimum) progress meetings with the site team and subcontractors and report to the Project Manager on progress of works against programme.
- Use 4 Projects for reading and communicating drawings and other documents and Fieldview for QA.
To apply for this position please forward your CV to email@example.com