Document ControllerFulbourne Road, Walthamstow Salary & Benefits: Competitive
To ensure that all project documentation is up to date, available and easily accessible by the Project Team. Responsible to keep various trackers and documents up to date and compile the Handover Documentation (H&S Files).
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Establish the document control and file management system on the construction site.
- Create electronic and paper-based filing systems (including racks for full size drawings) for each design discipline including drawings, specifications, various design related communication etc. Ensures that all this information is up to date, downloaded from the Information Management System (i.e. 4Projects, BIW, FTP sites). Also make sure that ‘used-on’ projects and out-of-date documents are superseded.
- Provide 4 Projects training for new members of the Project team.
- Create and regularly update various trackers, registers and other tools to ensure that all stored information is accessible and easy to find.
- Assist in the creation of the Monthly Progress Report:
- Liaise with Design Team and Site Team to receive various reports in a timely manner
- Ensure that progress photos are taken on the construction site
- Provide tracking status reports
- Compile Monthly Progress Reports and ensures that it’s approved by the Project Manager
- Arrange reproduction of the approved report
- Assist in the creation of the Health & Safety File and ensure that it is done at least 6 weeks before the final completion of the project. Follow the guidance and instructions of the Design Manager and CDM Coordinator while compiling all information, documents and certificates for the Health & Safety Files.
- Provide any other administrative assistance required by the Project Team, including deputising the Project Administrator while absent/on holiday and ensure the smooth running of the project office including switchboard operation and general administration as and when required.
- Promote data protection principles in your own work and your environment:
- Process personal information with adequate care, confidentiality and respect for personal data by following the company guidelines particularly in relation to storage (where the documents are saved) and electronic transfer (wherever possible, relying on the document control system rather than Outlook)
- Manage your own files ensuring no personal information is stored on your desktop or Outlook – this includes a regular management of your own documents
- Highlight any data protection issues you become aware of to the Project Manager and DPO where necessary.
- Raise orders for materials and plant and goods received on the Intellect system (where there is no logistic manager on site)
- Cover Project Admin duties when they are not on site.
To apply for this position please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org