Graduate Health & Safety EngineerCentral London Salary: £26,000 - £28,000
We are one of the largest family-owned construction groups in the UK. We deliver projects up to £160m from multiphase regeneration schemes with dense urban housing to high-rise developments, luxury residential projects and bespoke hotels.
There are few companies in today’s construction industry that can provide the same level of in-house capability as Ardmore including in-house mechanical and electrical installation, as well as metalwork and joinery services. From groundwork and substructures, super-structures, mechanical and electrical installation, through to envelope and fit-out packages we are able to control and deploy our own staff, equipment and tradespeople efficiently, whilst also providing clients with flexibility and responsiveness.
THE GRADUATE PROGRAMME
Engineering graduates are placed on a structured 24 months’ development programme covering the whole life cycle of a project. Your career progression route will be to become a Manager after 2 years with responsibility for your own project, with increasing levels of responsibility on large and high profile projects. With ongoing support from your mentor, site team and a programme coordinator, you will work to achieve skills, knowledge and experience, progressing through a tailored programme. Your individual effort will be supplemented by a range of internal seminars, and reviewed quarterly so that you receive comprehensive feedback on your progress.
You will also be provided with the following external professional development training:
- Year 2 undertake the 3 week examined NEBOSH Construction Certificate in health and safety management.
- Progress towards membership of an environmental or health and safety institution and the Institution of Civil Engineers will be encouraged and supported
This is a project based role reporting to the project Health and Safety Manager. Training is available and guidance and support will be provided. The list of duties is indicative and will be varied as circumstances and time dictates.
Health and Safety:
- Learn Ardmore procedures and health and safety legislation
- Assist the project health and safety manager in carrying out inspections of all site activities, compiling weekly reports and following up on implementation
- Carry out daily induction training of new starters on site
- Compile risk assessments/method statements, check those from contractors