Senior Site EngineerSutton Salary: Competitive
Reporting to Project Manager and supervising a team of setting-out engineers, your will be responsible for all aspects of engineering on site including
- Maintaining up to date construction drawing racks and register
- Checking coordination and dimensional checks on Architectural and Structural drawings
- Checking building layout in relation to site boundary
- Carrying out site surveys
- Surveying existing buildings and drainage
- Overall responsibility for setting out all elements and controlling line and level
- Checking the reinforcement (part of pre- pour QA)
- Level survey after the concrete pour
- QA for frame works and cube testing
- Checking all formwork design (and other temporary works designs)
- Ordering all RC frame materials (concrete, rebar, halfens, etc.)
- Ordering the groundwork materials (drainage & waterproofing)
- As built survey for lift shaft, stairwell and up stands for subcontractors
- Resolving any setting out problems and raise and track RFIs
- General responsibilities for site safety
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Suitable engineering degree
- Competency in all aspects of temporary works with a detailed understanding of quality control and construction safety.
- Extensive experience of RC frames with multi-storey basements gained whilst working for a main contractorAbility to work in a highly pressurised environment
- Successful candidates must be totally competent in all types of dimensional control and be a problem solver within the design and build arena having the ability to motivate the design team to ensure that information flow aligns with the Construction programme. This is a challenging role for well-rounded individuals to develop their careers into Project Management.
- We are one of the largest family-owned construction groups in the UK. We deliver projects up to £160m from multiphase regeneration schemes with dense urban housing to high-rise developments, luxury residential projects and bespoke hotels.
- There are few companies in today’s construction industry that can provide the same level of in-house capability as Ardmore including in-house mechanical and electrical installation, as well as metalwork and joinery services.
- Groundwork and substructures, super-structures, mechanical and electrical installation, through to envelope and fit-out packages we are able to control and deploy our own staff, equipment and tradespeople efficiently, whilst also providing clients with flexibility and responsiveness.
Unsolicited CVs: in relation to speculative CVs received from providers without a prior assignment issued in writing by Ardmore’s Recruitment team, no fee payable by Ardmore will apply.